There are an infinite number of reasons you fail to sleep soundly: a snoring partner, a bladder issue, crying children, sirens wailing etc. Sleep deprivation is harmful to your overall health and immune system. Quality sleep is necessary to survive the day. And besides, the addage “Beauty Sleep” does not come from nowhere… A solid eight hours sleep relaxes your facial muscles, reducing your wrinkles. Quality sleep also encourages weight maintenance.
Here are some simple ways to obtain a quality sleep to feel refreshed and energized in the morning.
- Keep your room in complete darkness, nightlights can alert your system in different sleep cycles.
- Move alarm clocks away from sight.
- Limit your bed for sleeping and sexual activities. Watching TV, eating, reading in bed will make sleeping ambiguous to your brain.
- Do not eat or drink two hours before bedtime.
- Avoid coffee and caffinated drinks after 5pm.
- Take a hot bath or shower before bedtime to relax the muscles.
- Drink a hot cup of chamomile tea.
- Sleep on your side rather than on your back or stomach to encourage correct posture.