One of my favorite meals I’ve ever cooked is sesame pan-seared tuna. The texture of the fish combined with a tangy sauce and crunchy sesame seeds…..mmmmm!!!
- 1 ½ pounds Ahi tuna (sashimi grade), 1 inch thick, 3 x 3 square pieces
- ¼ cup black sesame seeds
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil (peanut)
- your choice dipping sauce
- In a small bowl mix together the sesame seed, salt and pepper.
- Lightly layer the tuna with some oil and roll the tuna steaks in the sesame seed mixture and coat all sides.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet. Sear all sides of the tuna steaks, 1-minute each side, leaving the center rare.
You can pair the tuna with different garnishes. Try with:
- Peanut Satay sauce
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- Teriyaki sauce
- Wasabi Mayo: Combine 2 tablespoons prepared wasabi and ½ cup of mayo. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.