- 1 bunch broccoli rabé, rinsed, peeled, and chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound dry orecchiette
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, boil the broccoli rabé until tender, 10-15 min.
- Remove from the heat and drain, reserving the cooking water.
- Warm the olive oil in a nonreactive large skillet over med-low heat. Add the garlic and saute until golden, 3 min.
- Add the broccoli rabe, 3/4 cup of the reserved cooking water, the oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer for 20 min.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil (using as much of the reserved broccoli water as remains). Add the orecchiette and cook until al dente, 8-10 min. Drain the pasta.
- Place the pasta in a big bowl, and top with the broccoli mixture. Mix well and serve with Parmesean shavings.