- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 or 5 basil leaves, chopped
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 lb tortellini stuffed with cheese, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup 35% cooking cream
- Parmesan, grated
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the green onions, garlic and basil.
- Slowly add the tomato sauce. Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the tortellini in salted boiling water. Drain.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream without boiling. Add the sauce. Simmer for a few more minutes.
- Add the tortellini. Stir gently. Divide between plates.
- Garnish with Parmesan and serve with full bodied red wine.