Try this quick and easy recipe for a facial mask using oatmeal and ingredients found in the kitchen.
Oatmeal is used for soothing irritated skin; the glycolic acid and fine grains of sugar are used for exfoliating, and the olive oil is a greaseless emollient that soothes skin. Lemon juice has antiseptic properties and removes discoloration, and the honey contains antibiotic properties for wound healing and skin repair.
- 3 tbsp of Oatmeal (Rolled Oats)
- 1 tsp of Sugar
- 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- Pulverize the oatmeal using a mortar and pestle.
- Mix the oatmeal and sugar together in small bowl.
- Add the olvie oil in a thin stream while stirring constantly.
- Place a whole lemon in the microwave for 15 seconds to release juices.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the mixture. Stir.
- Add the honey, and stir again until smooth.
- Apply the mixture to your face. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water, then pat your face dry.