- 6 cups peeled & sliced Granny Smith apples
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Toss apples with granulated sugar and spices in large bowl. Let stand 15 min.
- Mix flour and brown sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with crust as directed on package for one-crust pie. Fill with fruit mixture; top with crumb mixture.
- Bake 45 to 50 min. or until juices form bubbles that burst slowly. Cool.