- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12 -15 lasagna noodles
Brown ground beef, Italian sausage, onion and garlic.
Add salt and next 5 ingredients; stirring until well mixed.
Simmer 1 hour.
Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Spray a 13 x 9″ baking pan with cooking spray.
Combine cottage cheese, eggs, pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 of mozzarella cheese.
In the lasagna pan, layer noodles, meat sauce, and cheese mixture; repeat.
Top off with layer of noodles; sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 375F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until cheese mixture is thoroughly melted.