Summer is on its way, and you’re breaking out faster than you can count down the days until the snow melts!
Acne is caused by many things, genetics and hormones being the main reasons. Stress has also a big player in breakouts. While you cannot control skin that is genetically prone to acne, you can take steps to help clear your face and prevent it.
1. Do Not Touch. Try not to pick or squeeze pimples, which can make them more inflammed and can cause scars.
2. Do Not Scrub. Some people tend to scrub their face harder, which irritates the skin and dries it out. Instead, use a gentle cleanser, and always moisturize.
3. Make-Up No-No. Makeup used to cover up pimples tends to clog pores and cause more pimples. Try a concealer with an ingredient like salicylic acid instead.
4. Skincare Routine. Cleansers, toners and moisturizers containing ingredients like benzoyl peroxide kill the bacteria causing inflammation.
5. See a Dermatologist. If you’re taking care of your skin and it still doesn’t clear up, consult a dermatologist who can prescribe a stronger product.
6. Take it Easy. Where pimples appear, stress is moretimes than not the culprit. Read this article and take it easy: http://www.bubu.ca/12-steps/